31 March 2014

Persistance.....

or stubborn.  I'm not sure what made me do it.   Have you ever had one of those projects, you love the pattern, you love the yarn, you love the process, but in the end you probably should have quit while you were ahead?
This was one of those projects.
I bought the yarn ages ago at the Needle Emporium.  It's the most luxurious skein of Red Label Silk Cashmere from Tanis Fiber Arts in the lovely colourway "Stormy.   I knew it was intended for something special.

Now the time comes and I need a hat.  What better yarn to have against my scalp, silk and cashmere.  It was meant to be.
I knew the hat I wanted.  BossCat had already made one and it was exactly what I wanted.  I had the yarn, the pattern, and the beads.
It started out fine, but I soon realized that knitting a single ply yarn with 2.25mm needles was going to be interesting.  I probably should have stopped there, but no,  I really liked the look and feel of the fabric, even though I had to pay attention not to split the yarn as I knitted.
So onward and upward, I persevered.  Then came the beads.  First mistake, single ply with small beads was not making me happy.  It was not easy pulling that yarn through that tiny little bead.   So, I ended up ripping back the beginning of the row and grabbed the larger beads and soon was back on track.

I finally finished it, even thought the beading was slower than I normally do, but in the end it was worth it.  I love it, and it will feel really nice sporting it in the weeks to come while the weather is still cool enough for a hat.
Pattern:  Karpalo-Cranberry

3 comments:

Araignee said...

Well worth the trouble. It's lovely!

Rachelle said...

It's lovely and just right for spring.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Persistence pays off - I may just have to steal that...